Whether you are advocating for justice or better conditions in your community
or saving the world ...
Supporting YOU as an
through the works of Jean-Robert Bayard
After more than 50 years as a strong activist, a clinical psychologist, and an ardent student of visionary activists and spiritual leaders, Dr. Jean-Robert Bayard dedicated the last years of her life to writing a book to help you in your efforts to make the world a better place.
As Jean-Robert Bayard was dying, her grandson Stephan Sauerburger promised to publish and promote her book, which he did in 2017.
Stephan died in January, 2021.
In their memory, our mission is to:
For more information, contact Dona Sauerburger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide Jean-Robert Bayard's book "How to think if you want to change the world: Spiritual practices for social activists"
to activists at no cost;
- Organize free workshops that can engage activists to learn some of the principles that can support them.
. . . and much more.
How to think if you want to change the world: Spiritual practices for social activism - by Dr. Jean-Robert Bayard
This book is for you if:
You feel pain or discomfort about things that are wrong, and
Chapters focus on:
You're hoping you can make a difference BUT
- you feel helpless to do anything about it.
You want to deal with this AND keep your sanity, BUT
- you're feeling overwhelmed.
- you are feeling burned out or discouraged;
- your compassion is making you feel anxious or depressed.
- Turning pain into a cause, disappointments into determination;
- Developing beliefs and perspectives to encourage and support you and your work;
- Becoming invincible to defeat;
- Finding your inner peace when you feel pressure to hurry;
- Understanding the "enemy" to become more effective yourself;
- Turning fear into exhilaration, and become fearless;
- Reclaiming the energy of anger and applying it to your endeavors;
August 21, 2017:
Today the eclipse coincided with Jean Bayard's birthday. Ninety-four years ago, she came on this Earth to live a life full of ups and downs, hope, pain and above all, never giving up. As her gift, this year her works are finally getting into the hands of the people she most wanted to help.
Happy Birthday, Jean Bayard.